Lab QA Manager
Petah Tikva, Israel | Lab
An international venture is seeking Lab QA Manager for a key role in a laboratory of critical importance to the State of Israel in the Coronavirus war.
The lab was commissioned by Israel’s Ministry of Health and Ministry of Defense.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the war on the virus and significantly increase the number of tests performed in Israel.
The work is performed in a laboratory located in Petah Tikva.
The position is not suitable for those currently employed directly or indirectly in a Ministry of Health laboratory or anyone currently engaged in corona testing or other activities in the context of the fight against the virus.
MyHeritage does not want to negatively impact the work of the Ministry of Health or any existing lab in any way.
- Document and manage all lab records, implement the process of documenting all the tests performed at the lab, and monitor the process of result reporting to the Ministry of Health.
- Write, review, and approve various quality assurance documents including standard operation protocols, calibration, and validation methods, etc. This includes continuous updating of these documents in order to support regulatory requirements and other relevant standards.
- Investigate and document cases of failures and abnormalities in the tests.
- Develop and present quality-related audits and reviews.
- Manage the training program of the laboratory employees, in adherence to the lab Standard Operation Protocols.
- Write, organize, and review QA analytical result tables, protocols, and reports.
- Oversee the quality efforts at the laboratory to ensure that procedures and work instructions are followed.
- A relevant Bachelor's degree in the field of Molecular Biology, Chemistry, or equivalent.
- 3–4 years of experience in a similar role. Working at a BL2 laboratory — a big advantage.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of local and international regulations and guidance applicable to Quality Assurance and method validation.
- Ability to independently conduct audits and quality reviews.
- Detail-oriented approach with strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with non-technical and technical staff at various levels of the organization.